Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Challenge Yourself!"

A Fasulko family joke and mantra is "Challenge Yourself!" It's a long story and if I tried to relay it here, it probably wouldn't come across as even remotely funny. It's one of those "you had to be there," stories. Suffice it to say we love feats of strength and love even more when one of our family members tries to "challenge themselves" to do something physically, ridiculously stupid just to prove that they are capable of doing it.

That said, when Cleveland Hopkins International Airport's "Plane Pull" challenge popped up on my Facebook feed today, I bit. Big time. See who can pull a Boeing 737 the fastest? Hell yes, you bet your sweet buns that's right up my alley. So I set out to see what the logistics were and assemble an All Star team of friends and family to assist me in challenging myself. And, bonus on the good deed front, this event is a fundraiser for the Speical Olympics.

So here's all the details: each registered team of 20 needs to pull a Boeing 737 across a 12 foot tarmac and whoever does it the fastest gets bragging rights (in addition to pulled muscles and calloused hands). Each team needs to raise a minimum of $750 - all proceeds benefitting the Speical Olympics. The big Plane Pull date is July 9th from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for any and everyone to come on out and join in the fun! If you're interested in being on the team, let me know - spots are filling up fast. Better yet, assemble your own team and we'll go head to head! But I warn you, I'm a fierce competitor and as Team Captain I'm already planning on cheesy get-ups (think mustaches and Randy Savage style ties around our bulging biceps).

Check it out for yourself here. Oh yea, and if you're feeling generous and want to donate to our team fundraising minimum that would be spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment